: Do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten, or flame another member or guest. Debates are fine, but argue with the point, not the person.Trolling
: Do not post with the purpose of starting a dispute. Note that a person disagreeing with your opinion is not considered trolling; keep it civil, even if you are sure that the other person is wrong. Anything seen as trolling will result in you being banned.Spamming
: Posts without content or containing nonsense waste space and everyone's time. Spam will be removed from the forum.Offensive Posts, Links or Images
: Do not use profanity, racial, ethnic, religious, or other slurs or any other offensive material.Advertising
: Posting of advertisements for products or services, links to auctions, affiliate links, links to promote websites, and so forth is not allowed.Disclosure of Personal Information
: Do not disclose any other member's email, real name, address, phone number, IP address, or other personal information. This includes posting contents of emails and private messages without the sender's consent. Do not bring personal disputes into the forums. Bans and warnings issued to other users are considered personal information.Misleading Titles
: The subject line of the post should be as informative as possible about the content of the post. This also reduces the amount of duplicate posts.Thread Hijacking
: Taking a thread off-topic to pursue one's own agenda is not permitted.Piracy
: Do not upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any content that infringes upon any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party. This includes GeoDict files created by a forged or illegitimate license.Honesty
: Users must provide truthful information in creating their GeoDict forum account.
These rules are subject to change. The moderators reserve the right to remove, edit, or move posts at their discretion. The GeoDict forum administrators will reserve the right to permanently remove a user account without notice if any of the rules are not followed. Posting Guidelines
When posting, understand that you are trying to communicate with other people. Although many GeoDict forum members are not fluent in English, the official language of this forum is English.
Here are some important guidelines of language:
- Write in English.
- If you are familiar with LaTeX, please use this to write mathematical equations.
- Always do a quick check for spelling/grammar mistakes.
- Format your post in a legible manner. Use the Preview button often.
- Be concise and articulate as much as possible.
- Use the Enter key to create paragraphs.
- Capitalize correctly. It is difficult to read posts that are written entirely in uppercase or lowercase.
- Use correct punctuation. Avoid run-on sentences.
- Try to avoid using “text speak”, “net speak”, or slang. The purpose of language is to be understood.
- Never invent acronyms and use as few acronyms as possible. For example, write "GeoDict User Meeting" and not "GDUM".
- Review your post before publishing it. Try to catch typos.
- Please check to see if a topic has already been posted. Do not post multiple threads on the same topic.