Visualization of fibers in yarns

· 4 · 1451

FabianeGommes

• View Profile
Visualization of fibers in yarns
« on: August 29, 2023, 01:50:10 PM »
Hello,

I am having difficulties in generating digital twins of textile fabrics, as I am not able to identify continuous/short fibers in the yarns of the textile fabric. I've already tested it with several microtomography scans and so far I haven't been able to apply FiberFind for identification. Do you have any example of microtomography that makes this visualization possible? It is noteworthy that microtomography aims to characterize my material, so it makes no sense to use other equipment to identify the fibers.

Re: Visualization of fibers in yarns
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2023, 04:57:29 PM »
Dear FabianeGommes,

Thank you for your forum entry. To use the predefined neural networks for fiber identification in FiberFind some requirements for the µCT data are essential. First of all, please check if your fibers/textiles are aligned in the x/y plane and have a resolution of 6-14 voxel (for centerline network) and 6-10 voxel (for straight fibers). These requirements are based on the data the neural network has been trained on.
An exemplary data file is shipped with GeoDict and can be found in the installation folder under: Math2Market GmbH\GeoDict 2023\GrayValueDataSets\Airfilter 4µm
The provided data is a fibrous structure, but it may give you an idea of how to apply the neural network and to prepare the data accordingly.

In case there are further questions, feel free to answer to this post or reach out to our support.

Kind regards

Philipp

FabianeGommes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2023, 07:19:43 PM »
I can't find this file or folder, my software is still from 2022, can I update to 2023?

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2023, 08:17:41 AM »
In case you have an active software maintenance you can upgrade your software version for free, otherwise please reach out to our support team such that we can send you the data individually.