Memory Requirements in AddiDict

· 4 · 1211

GeoDict User

• View Profile
Memory Requirements in AddiDict
« on: August 30, 2023, 01:36:24 PM »
Hi,
I want to compute a breakthrough curve using AddiDict. The size of the sample is very big, and I'm afraid that it will crash with a bigger number of particles.
Is it necessary to reduce the size of the sample to lower the memory requirements?

Anne Blumer

• Math2Market Employee
    • View Profile
    • Math2Market GmbH
  • Position: Application Engineer
Re: Memory Requirements in AddiDict
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2023, 09:12:35 AM »
You can decrease the necessary memory by reducing the data written to the particle trajectories file.
For a simple breakthrough curve, it is sufficient to write only the minimal information to file and thus reduce memory requirements.
You can adjust the particle trajectory data in the output parameters tab and set the “Trajectory File Accuracy” to “Minimal”.

Best regards,
Anne

GeoDict User

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2023, 10:02:50 AM »
Thank you Anne!
I have an additional question: How do I simulate the flow of a tracer in directions X and Y?
Indeed, by default, it is only possible to inject a tracer along the Z axis.
Looking forward to your answer!

Anne Blumer

• Math2Market Employee
    • View Profile
    • Math2Market GmbH
  • Position: Application Engineer
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2023, 04:33:32 PM »
Yes, you are right, but you can do the following:
In the ProcessGeo module, select the Permute submenu and click Edit. Then, select Permute and choose the X->Y->Z->X option.
Click OK and then permute. Now what used to be the Y-direction has turned into Z, while maintaining the orientation of the sample.
You can then Save and Rename the structure on your disk so that you remember this fact.
Then run AddiDict to get results on the original Y-direction.
To run AddiDict on the original X-direction, hit permute again and repeat the procedure.

Best regards,
Anne