Labeling for AI segmentation

· 2 · 863

Erik Glatt

• View Profile
Labeling for AI segmentation
« on: November 14, 2023, 09:46:54 AM »
Hi,
I try to use the AI segmentation for gray-value images. Here I would like an easier way to label my images.

Here I have two ideas:
1. use a pre-segmentation with a global threshold to set some labels e.g. for pores
2. have a kind of magic wand labeling which makes it easier to set labels for a group of voxels.

Is this possible with GeoDict.

Best regards,
Erik

hilden

• View Profile
Re: Labeling for AI segmentation
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2023, 03:29:05 PM »
Hi Erik,

• It is possible by using a GeoPy script. Attached find a script that labels the given gray value ranges with the according IDs. To run the script, the gray value image should be loaded in the Image Processing dialog. From the main GeoDict window select Macro - Execute Macro/Script and browse for the script. Click on Parameters to assign material IDs to value ranges in a table. Afterwards click Run to generate an AI-label file (*.gld). Load this file in the Image Processing dialog by clicking Load Labels and browsing for the file. To learn more about automation by scripting in GeoDict, refer to the GeoPy scripting User Guide: https://www.geodict.com/fileadmin/UserGuide/GeoDict2023/Automation2023.pdf.
  • Good news for you: With the new GeoDict 2024 release coming soon, a new feature is available. The "Magic Brush" analyzes the scan on clusters recognizing edges. Then, labels can be created by simply selecting these clusters.

Best regards,
Janine