Curved Circular Fibers

· 4 · 3332

tim.schmidt

• View Profile
Curved Circular Fibers
« on: June 02, 2021, 11:53:58 AM »
Hallo,
ich möchte gerne ein Modell in FiberGeo mit gekrümmten (ondulierten) Fasern erstellen. Da ich einen kontinuierlichen Roving modellieren möchte, sollen keine Faserenden (oder sehr wenige) in der Domain sein. Mein Ansatz dazu: Ich wähle den Fiber Type: Curved Circular und stelle eine Faserlänge von 10000 µm bei einer Domainlänge von 500 µm ein. Das Problem dabei ist, dass dadurch die Rechenzeit extrem hoch ist. Gibt es eventuell eine andere Möglichkeit für die Modellierung?

Vielen Dank und beste GrüßeTim

Aaron Widera

• Math2Market Employee
    • View Profile
    • Math2Market GmbH
  • Position: Sales Engineer Digital Material R&D
Re: Curved Circular Fibers
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 05:24:10 PM »
Hi Tim,

welcome to the Forum :)
First, could you please repost your question down below in english? Our official Forum language is enligsh and this would help all of our clients to benefit froum your question.

Second to answer your question. If your Domain length is 500 µm it should be enough to use 550 µm long fibers and define the fiber centers for the generation.
You can find that option in the Fiber Options where you can also set the Diameter, Length and Orientation.
Here you click on the "Edit" beside the "Center" and choose the option "Unfiformly in Box".
Assume your fibers are oriented in X-direction, you fill the options as:
X-min = 545 µm ; X-max = 555 µm
Y-min = 0 µm     ; Y-max = "domain length in Y-direction"
Z-min = 0 µm     ; Z-max = "domain length in Z-direction"

Using that option you will need way shorter fibers because you set their center to be placed in the middle of the structure.
Please give us a short feedback if that helped.

tim.schmidt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 10:06:18 AM »
Hello,

here again the question in English:

I would like to create a model in FiberGeo with curved (undulated) fibers. Since I want to model a continuous roving, there should be no fiber ends (or very few) in the domain.

My approach to this: I choose Fiber Type: Curved Circular and set a fiber length of 10000 µm with a domain length of 500 µm. The problem here is that this causes extremely high computation time. Is there another way for the modeling?

Thank you very much for the answer.

Best regards
Tim

Aaron Widera

• Math2Market Employee
    • View Profile
    • Math2Market GmbH
  • Position: Sales Engineer Digital Material R&D
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 08:59:04 AM »
Thank you for translating your post to englisch.
I will just copy my answer from above again so that we have the answer below the question ;)
To answer your question. If your Domain length is 500 µm it should be enough to use 550 µm long fibers and define the fiber centers for the generation.
You can find that option in the Fiber Options where you can also set the Diameter, Length and Orientation.
Here you click on the "Edit" beside the "Center" and choose the option "Unfiformly in Box".
Assume your fibers are oriented in X-direction, you fill the options as:
X-min = 545 µm ; X-max = 555 µm
Y-min = 0 µm     ; Y-max = "domain length in Y-direction"
Z-min = 0 µm     ; Z-max = "domain length in Z-direction"

Can you have  brief look if this helps you out?